Saturday, February 7, 2015

And the walls kept tumbling down

I was left to my own devices, many days fell away with nothing to show.

The plans I have for the future that never came to fruition because something else got in my way.
Life ebbs and flows and to keep up with it, I have to do the same.

The body that I will never have.
The knowledge that I will never acquire.
The courage that I will never muster and the effort that I will never put in.

Every flaw I picked apart from myself.
Every lie that I told myself about my limitations.
Every "I am not good enough" thought that ever flitted through the recesses of my mind, settling into a place where it mattered.


The useless degree I took in college.
I didn't end up where I expected but somehow still end up somewhere I consider better by looking at how the economies and markets are currently.

The places that I never traveled to..
The experiences that I didn't have.
The person that I did not chase after when they decided to walk away.
The phone calls that I didn't pick up.
The messages that I forgot to pass on while I still had the chance to do so.

I have to forgive myself for having the self-awareness to change my mind about the really big things.

#Does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

No comments: